Thursday, February 2, 2012

Super Moist Banana Bread


I didn't really know what to call this.  I wanted to convey to you that this is not your normal, run of the mill banana bread.  I am not a big banana bread fan.  I liked the coconut lime banana bread recipe, but so many banana breads are a little too dry for my taste and kind of blah.  That is not true for this recipe.  There is no better way to describe it but as super moist.  I shared it with Lynnette and you know how she described it?  Super moist.  It is super delicious and (have I mentioned?), super moist.  It has changed my view of banana bread.  And maybe my life.  And maybe it will change your life, too.


Super Moist Banana Bread
from my friend Jen P:


1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
3 crushed bananas
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour a bread pan.  Cream together the sugar, butter and eggs. Stir in the bananas.  Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix it well.  Stir in the chocolate chips.   Pour it all into the pan and bake it for approximately 1 hour.  My oven bakes a little slow and it took about 1 hour and 15 minutes for mine to cook completely.  It is done when a fork poked in the middle comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I never make banana bread but I love it- all kinds. Super moist sounds delicious though!

    ReplyDelete