Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Honey Ginger Glazed Tilapia


I found this recipe the other day on Our Best Bites.  We loved it and I have already passed it on to Nicole, who also gave it a thumbs up.  On the Our Best Bites website they paired it with a creamy dipping sauce, which I made and then put it in the fridge and completely forgot about.  However, the fish was not lacking without the dipping sauce.  Did I already say we loved this fish?  Because we did.  We loved it so much that I named it before I ate it.  Just kidding.  That would be weird.  Like when my dad tried to get us to eat our pet chickens when I was little.  That was weird, too.

Honey Ginger Glazed Tilapia
adapted from: www.ourbestbites.com
3 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. oil
4 4 oz. tilapia fillets

In a shallow dish, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and oil.  Marinate the fish in the mixture for at least 20 minutes.  

When the fish is done marinating, cook it in a frying pan, sprayed with cooking spray, for 4-6 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment