Thursday, September 8, 2011

Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

I made this recipe so long ago.  I don't remember much about it except that Lynnette and I both made it on the same night, and we both loved it.  We found the recipe on allrecipes.com, and adapted it slightly to what we each had.  Luckily I wrote down the ingredients I used.  


Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
adapted from allrecipes.com


3 Tbsp soy sauce
16 oz. beef broth
3 Tbsp sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 pound steak, cut into thin strips
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. ginger
vegetables of your choice (I used celery, red pepper and carrots)
optional: 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (for a little extra kick)
steamed rice


In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth, sugar and flour and stir until the flour and sugar are dissolved.    In a large skillet, over high heat, cook and stir the steak strips until browned (about 2-4 minutes).  Stir in the broth mixture, garlic, ginger and vegetables.  I didn't add any red pepper flakes, but must have thought the extra kick would have been nice, because I wrote it down on my notes.  So, if you feelin' a little spicy tonight, go ahead and add that in.  Bring it all to a boil and then reduce the heat.  Simmer 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the veggies are tender.  Serve it over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment