Sunday, September 25, 2011

Banana Almond Muffins



So my good friend from work also loves to bake and she has given me a few awesome recipes that I will be keeping and making for a long time.  One recipe that she loves to make, and luckily loves to share with us the next day:), is this yummy muffin recipe.  They are sweet and filling and perfect for breakfast or brunch!  The original recipe calls for macadamia nuts, but my friend makes them with almonds and I didn't want to mess with something so perfect.  (She actually uses whole almonds but I had slivered on hand, so depending on the amount of crunch you want, you could always coarsely chop some whole almonds for the top instead.)  And if I'm completely honest, I accidentally added a little too much pineapple and I was scared it would be too thin, but they turned out perfect and I liked the added sweetness.




Banana Almond Muffins
adapted from Stasha Wampler

Yields: 2 dozen

Ingredients:

3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 c. flaked coconut
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pinapple, drained
1 c. almonds, whole (coarsely chopped) or slivered




Directions: 

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.  in another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in the bananas, coconut, and pineapple.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Sprinkle with nuts. (Be generous.)  Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.



Don't wait to make these!  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment