Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bewitching Blueberry Pancakes





These are my new favorite pancakes. I think I’ve made these 5 or 6 times now in the past couple weeks, is that an obsession? I tweaked the recipe that I had from the Enoch, Utah stake cookbook my mom gave me, making them partial wheat and adding more blueberries! I might cry when blueberry season is over and I can’t make myself pay $3 for a pint. I hope these become your new favorite pancakes too, and with all of the added health benefits from the blueberries, you can eat them and live a long, very happy life.



Bewitching Blueberry Pancakes
INGREDIENTS:
1 ¼ c. flour (I like to use ¾ c. wheat flour and ½ c. white)
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. sugar
¾ tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1 c. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
1 c. washed blueberries
DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients together. Cook on a hot griddle.




*If you like your pancakes fluffy, whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold them in after mixing the rest of the ingredients.




No comments:

Post a Comment