Sunday, September 25, 2011

Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos


These are easy.  These are so easy that I made a new label: ridiculously easy.  Because they are done in the slow cooker, they aren't fast, so don't confuse the two.  You do need a good 4-6 hours to cook these, but the prep time is only as long as it takes you to defrost some chicken.  Unless you start your chicken frozen in the crock pot.  Do any of you do that?  Would I die from salmonella if I did that?  Because I'm not going to lie to you, I'm pretty darn lazy and if I didn't have to defrost my chicken first, these would be labeled "hysterically, ridiculously easy".  So throw some chicken, broth and taco seasoning in your crockpot, cook it, shred it, serve it with your favorite taco fixins' and feel so happy that you made a meal that was so ridiculously easy!


Shredded Chicken Tacos
from: BFF Jacque


1 c. chicken broth
1 pound chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning


Pour the chicken broth into your slow cooker.  Dissolve the taco seasoning in the broth.  Put the chicken in and cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.  After it has cooked, shred the chicken with a fork.  Serve it however you like your tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment