Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes




I love these cupcakes!!  I may have eaten this frosting by the spoonful as I was making it.  My friend made them for us at work and I couldn't wait to try them myself.  They're moist and deliciously sweet, and the banana in the cupcake balances out the peanut butter frosting very very well.







Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 ½ c. sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. buttermilk
1 ¼ c. ripe banana, mashed

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until batter is smooth.
4. Combine all dry ingredients and mix into batter in 3 parts,
alternating with buttermilk.  Reduce speed to low and mix for 2 more
minutes
5. Line cupcake pan with wrappers.  Using a spatula gently fold mashed
bananas into batter.  Scoop into cups until 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.

FOR FROSTING

2 c. powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. creamy peanut butter (i used chunky b.c that's all I had :)
3 tbsp milk

Combine powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Then add 1 cup peanut
butter and milk. Mix until spreadable.

Makes 18

No comments:

Post a Comment