Sunday, March 6, 2011

S'more Cookies



I saw this idea on another blog and when I went back to find it and make it, I couldn't find it. Who's blog was it? I do not know. So, I made up my own version. I just used a recipe that I love for triple chocolate cookies and then added the other fixins' to make it what I wanted. And, they turned out great!
Triple Chocolate Cookies, or S'more Cookies
adapted from www.allrecipes.com
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar (the recipe calls for 1 1/2 c. but I always use less sugar in cookies-and then I add more chocolate chips to counteract any health I may have given myself :)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 bag milk chocolate chips
1/3 bag white chocolate chips
1/3 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
4-5 graham crackers, broken into bite size pieces
1 c. mini marshmallows
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla and beat it until it is light and fluffy. In another bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and then stir it into the other mixture until it is well blended. I must confess here, I rarely do this step. I just throw all the dry ingredients into the main bowl and then make sure that I mix it really well. I've never had a problem. Is there a reason it always says to do this? Do you know? Am I over mixing cookies? Would they be better if I did this the right way? Then add your chocolate chip varieties and stir it well. Gently stir in the graham crackers. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and then smoosh (yes, I just used that word) in a few mini marshmallows on top of each cookie. Bake them for 8-10 minutes. When you bake these, the marshmallows roast in your oven and taste so yummy! The graham cracker gives it a fun little crunch.
If you want to eat them as triple chocolate cookies, just leave out the graham crackers and marshmallows. We did it both ways and it is a great recipe either way, but with those marshmallows on top, the kids couldn't resist them. And frankly, neither could Dustin. And double-frankly, neither could I.

1 comment: