Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Creamy Raspberry Chicken

Does anyone else get sick of food?  I mean, come on!  If I have to eat spaghetti one more time this month I may go crazy.  I am really needing a change in my menu to help me enjoy dinner again.  This recipe helped with my boredom.  At least it was a little different than what we usually eat.  I call this "creamy" because I added a little whipping cream to it.  And I added whipping cream to it because anytime I can do that, I do.  But the whipping cream did give it a kind of melty, creamy, smooth flavor.  Which helped to make this a yummy change for eating chicken.  So, if you are bored with your regular menu, try a little creaminess and raspberry-ness with your chicken!

Creamy Raspberry Chicken
adapted from www.allrecipes.com

1/3 c. flour
1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
2 tsp. dried rosemary
4 chicken breasts, cut in half (or fourths)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 c. raspberry vinaigrette dressing
1/4 c. whipping cream

In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, lemon pepper and rosemary and shake it up well.  Add your chicken pieces and shake it again until the chicken is well coated.  Heat your oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken pieces until browned and cooked through.  Take out the chicken and set it aside and pour the raspberry vinaigrette dressing in the pan.  Simmer it until it is reduced by half.  Return the chicken to the pan and add the whipping cream.  Cook it until most of the liquid is absorbed.  I served mine with rice.  The recipe actually said to serve it with coconut rice, which would be oh so yummy.  I didn't have time to make it, but you should definitely try it that way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment