Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mom's Whole Wheat Cinnamon Vanilla Waffles

This is my basic waffle recipe that my mom has used my whole life for waffles (and a little variation for pancakes).  I added the cinnamon and vanilla to spice up the whole wheat a little.  We make the pancake version nearly every day for breakfast and this waffle version at least once a week.  I don't always add the cinnamon and vanilla.  If you want to make it as pancakes, use 1 1/4 c. flour, 1 Tbsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 egg, 1 1/4 c. milk and 1 Tbsp. oil.   

Mom's Whole Wheat Cinnamon Vanilla Waffles

1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. white flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Sift together all the flours, baking powder and salt.  Add the milk, eggs, oil and mix it well.  Stir in the vanilla and  cinnamon.  And cook 'em up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try these right now on my new waffle iron that I got for christmas! I'm so excited to finally be able to try all the waffles you guys keep posting about. How does it feel to know that one of YOUR recipes is my first? You should feel honored.

    ReplyDelete