Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunshine Pancakes



This recipe for pancakes is from my mother-in-law, Kathy, and has been handed down and around and through and now has been passed on to me. It takes a little longer than the recipe I use for my every day breakfast making (because you cut in the margarine), so I like to use it for dinner pancakes (which happens more than it should at our house).
Sunshine Pancakes
1 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1/4 c. margarine
1 egg
1 c. milk
Combine flour, baking powder, soda and powdered sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the margarine. Add the egg and milk (I ended up adding about 1/4 c. more milk) and stir together. Your batter will be lumpy from the little butter chunks,
but when you bake it up the butter melts and mmmm, it is like eating a buttery piece of sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment