Monday, March 22, 2010

Creamy Chicken Casserole

2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (or 1 c. sour cream)
1/2 c. mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
20 Ritz crackers, crushed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cut chicken in bottom of casserole dish. Mix cream of chicken soup with softened cream cheese or sour cream (add milk to thin if needed). Stir in cheese. Pour mixture over chicken and top with crushed crackers. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve over rice or mixed veggies.

I got this off of my friend's food blog, but, as usual, I made some adjustments. I followed her recipe, using sour cream instead of cream cheese, and 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese. Then, because I worried it would be too bland and cream of chicken soupy, I added about 10-12 shakes of garlic powder. Instead of Ritz crackers, I topped it with crushed up Honey Bunches of Oats. Yes, you heard me correct, Honey Bunches of Oats. Once I ran out of corn flakes for homemade chicken fingers and used Honey Bunches of Oats instead, and I liked the sweet crunchiness and golden flakiness. So, I thought I'd try it. I'll let you know how it tastes.

Adapted from www.ldsbaker.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the Avatar theme. I need to post something. Something that I actually post at least:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you were wondering, it turned out really good. The sweet mixed with the garlic well. Mmmm.
    You like Avatar? My goal is to find the weirdest background theme around. Creepy large blue cat like people seemed weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you not seen it?! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete