Monday, January 17, 2011

Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes



While Nicole and I were together for Christmas, we decided to try something new and exciting for breakfast. I had a couple of lemons leftover from the lemon cake I had made and so we threw together a few ingredients and ended up with these. They tasted especially yummy with powdered sugar on top. All adults loved them. All children didn't (but I wouldn't let that deter you. They were my children, after all).

Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes
by: Carolyn and Nicole
1 1/4 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. oil
1 egg
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 1/2 lemons
4 oz. cream cheese

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. With a pastry blender, cut the cream cheese into the flour mixture until it is little chunks (as my cookbook would say, "pea sized" chunks). Add the milk, egg, oil, lemon juice and zest of lemon and stir to combine. Don't over mix this-it will be chunky from your cream cheese-and you want it to be so that when the pancakes are cooked there is a yummy cream cheese flavor going on in each bite.
Heat your skillet and cook them up (you know how to do this, folks) and serve with powdered sugar or syrup, or if you are feeling really crazy, both!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm. Thanks Carolyn. I'm surprised you remembered the measurements from then:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't realize, but I wrote it down right after we made them! Ha!

    ReplyDelete