Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Favorite Pasta Salad

1 16 oz bag of Rigatoni Pasta
1 red onion
1 cucumber
2 roma tomatoes (you can use any kind of tomatoe you like, that's just usually what I grab at the store)
1 bottle Zesty Italian Dressing (it has to be Zesty!)
McCormick Salad Seasoning (or Bam It! or whatever brand you like/can find)

This salad is delicious and you can make it in 10-15 minutes.  First get the water boiling and add the noodles.  While the noodles are cooking, peel your cucumber, and cut it into small pieces. Chop your onions and chop your tomatoes. I have come to love my Pampered Chef Chopper just for this salad.  You can cut your onion into 5 or 6 chunks and have them chopped and ready in a few seconds.  I think it would smash the tomatoes though, so try that at your own risk.  Feel free to add/remove any other vegetables you'd like, but I will say this - I did not have a red onion one day but was craving this salad, and it didn't taste anywhere near as good.

When the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse in cold water until they are cool.  Add the veggies, the dressing, and as much of the dry salad seasoning as you'd like (I like quite a bit but I've never measured it).  If I'm going to leave the salad in the fridge for a while before taking it somewhere, I like to keep about 1/4 of the bottle of Italian dressing in the fridge and add it just before serving.  It seems like the salad dressing is absorbed by the pasta so that gives it back its kick.

This is not the best picture, but here's the final product.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yours is my favoite pasta salad recipe. Thanks for putting it on!

    ReplyDelete