Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pork Chops in Orange Sauce


I'm Cooking Again!! My cooking space may look like this still (notice the counter top-less cabinets on the left and the rigged-up old counter tops on the right, ...and the drill), but it works when you haven't made homemade meals in a long long while.

This recipe was good, (I'm a big fan of sweet sauces), but next time I might add a little more orange juice and definitely the orange zest (I was out of oranges) to make it a little sweeter. I think the method of cooking them was my favorite; it made them so tender and it was very easy. I might experiment with different sauces to find my favorite.


Pork Chops in Orange Sauce


Ingredients

  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 6 whole cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cold water

Directions

  • Combine paprika and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chops over medium heat.
  • Combine the orange juice, sugar, cloves and orange peel; pour over pork. Cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
  • In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cloves. Serve sauce with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.

Serve with Crash Hot Potatoes (below) or rice!



1 comment:

  1. Both of those recipes looked great and I'm so glad to have you cooking again. This shouldn't be a one sister show when we have so many of us!

    ReplyDelete