Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chicken Bow Tie Salad


Jen tried this out for me and didn't love it. I, however, thought it was great! When I made it I didn't have any spinach and I think that would have added a lot. I also didn't add bean sprouts or water chestnuts because I don't love them. I loved the crunch that the pine nuts added and according to my friend who gave me the recipe, almonds or sunflower seeds work well, too. This may be hardy enough to stand alone for dinner (we ate it as the main dish), but it is also a great flavorful side dish.

Chicken Bow Tie Salad
1 small package spinach
18 oz. bow tie pasta
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 c. pine nuts (or almonds or sunflower seeds)
1 can water chestnuts
1 c. bean sprouts
2 chicken breasts, chunked and cooked with lemon pepper seasoning

Dressing
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sesame seeds
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar (can substitute regular vinegar if you don't have this)
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. minced garlic

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, mix dressing ingredients in a glass jar, cover and shake until well mixed. Pour cooked pasta into a large bowl. Add dressing, chicken, pine nuts, sesame seeds, water chestnuts and bean sprouts and stir until combined. Add spinach and stir gently. Chill in fridge.

1 comment:

  1. I think I might make this tomorrow. I can tell I'm hungry because I want to eat everything I see.

    ReplyDelete