Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hearty Hamburgers

I am making hamburgers tonight, but I make them a little more hearty, almost like a mini meatloaf. I think they taste better that way and also I can sneak veggies in for my kids. This partially comes from when we lived with Grandpa W. and partially from Deceptively Delicious by Mrs. Jerry Seinfeld (although it is all from my memory now since Jen still has my cookbook...).

1 egg
1/2 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1/4 c pureed cauliflower
breadcrumbs
1 pound ground beef

Beat the egg and add all seasonings and cauliflower. Add enough breadcrumbs to soak up the egg. Use your hands to work the ground beef into the egg mixture until it is well blended. Form into patties and fry until cooked through.

*These measurements are total guesses on the spices. I tend to just add a lot of stuff until it looks "right". Also, sometimes I use actual bread and sometimes I use store bought bread crumbs. Either works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment