Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crunchy Garlic Chicken

The other day I was looking through old recipes, searching for something I hadn't made in while and I found this little gem.  I think I got it out of a food magazine years ago (when I say that, it sounds like I'm 60).  I had forgotten about it, but it is such a delicious, easy way to use chicken.  I was so glad I found it again!

Crunchy Garlic Chicken

1/4 c. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (use a little more if you like garlic-this wasn't quite enough for me)
2 c. cornflakes, crushed
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I used a little less than a Tbsp. of dried parsley)
1/2 tsp. paprika
6 chicken breasts

Heat your oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.  In a shallow dish, mix half of your butter, milk, salt and garlic powder.  In another dish, mix the crushed cereal, parsley and paprika.  Dip the chicken into the milk mixture, then coat it with the cereal mixture and place it in the pan.  Drizzle the remaining butter over the top of the chicken.  Bake it for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. 

If you don't have cornflakes, any crunchy cereal would probably work (well, not any cereal.  I'd stay away from Cap'n Crunch or Fruity Pebbles).  Once I used Honey Bunches of Oats.  I'm serious!  And it was yummy!  It was a little sweet with the garlic and I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment