Sunday, December 5, 2010

Monsters


This recipe could also be called German Pancakes (at least I think it is the same thing). Dustin grew up calling it Monsters, and we now all call it Monsters in our household. I think it is because it puffs up in the oven as you cook it. The kids love it though, and it is about the only way I can get some of my children to eat something eggy (I'm pretty sure that is a word, even though my spell check tells me it is not :).
Monsters
by: Lana
6 eggs
1 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
6 Tbsp. butter (I only use about 3-4 Tbsp and I use the margarine spread stuff. It is easier to spread than a stick of butter)
In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add the flour, salt and milk and stir until combined. FYI, there is always chunks after I stir this up, and it comes out fine in the end. The chunks actually rise up to the top while it is baking and make a nice little crust-like top. In a 9X13 pan, spread the butter around and cover the bottom as best as you can. Pour the egg mixture in and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until it has puffed up. I didn't get a good picture of the puffs, because it deflates pretty quickly after you take it out. But know that it will really puff up high before it is done. Serve it with powdered sugar, syrup or jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment