Sunday, September 19, 2010

Soft Pumpkin Cookies


Ah, Fall is in the air (at least it was 2 weeks ago when I made these cookies. Today it is summer again and 81 degrees in my house!). The smell of pumpkin anything makes me so ready for crisp evenings and leaves changing colors. I love this time of year! This is a great recipe for those big pumpkin cookies you can buy in the store (for way too much). I know that you can also make a pumpkin cookie using a spice cake mix and the canned pumpkin, but I don't often have a spice cake mix in my cupboard. Plus, I found this recipe a few years ago, and I love it. It smells so good while they are baking. And you can also roll extra dough in wax paper and freeze it for later. Then you can enjoy that yummy fall smell a few weeks later without the work.
Soft Pumpkin Cookies
by:
www.dianaskitchen.com
1 16 oz. can pumpkin
4 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar (do I need to say it again? I always add less sugar than it calls for. I probably did about 3/4 c. brown and 1+ white)
1 c. butter, softened
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. maple extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips.
Beat on low speed until blended, scraping the bowl occasionally. Beat it on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spoon a big spoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet, two inches apart (into nice little mounds). Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment