Monday, September 13, 2010

Pasteria, Pasto or Sundried Tomato Rigatoni



As has been mentioned, my garden is not too hot this year, but a neighbor gave me a whole bunch of tomatoes from her garden and because we are not huge tomato eaters, I dried them in my dehydrator. I am so excited to use yummy sundried tomatoes in my recipes! FYI, you can freeze your sundried tomatoes for up to a year, so they won't go to waste. For this pasta bake, I used ingredients that I had around the house and it was a hit with the kids. I let my girls help me think of a name for it, and this is what we came up with:
Pasteria, Pasto or Sundried Tomato Rigatoni
by: Carolyn

1 16 oz. package Rigatoni noodles
4 oz. cream cheese
2 cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4-1/2 c. sundried tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cook the Rigatoni noodles according to the package directions. Soften your cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, tomato sauce, milk, garlic powder, basil, onion powder and salt and pepper, and stir it well. Add the 1 c. mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and mix it until it is combined. Stir in the chicken chunks. Pour the noodles into a 9X13 pan and pour the sauce over your cooked rigatoni noodles. Sprinkle the 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment