Sunday, February 5, 2023

Easy Lettuce Wraps

 


I got this recipe for lettuce wraps from my friend, Camille.  We used it for a Young Women activity on easy meals that our girls could make when they go away to college.  And this one is easy!  We love lettuce wraps at my house, and this is such a delicious, fast recipe, that it is now something that I feel like I can make more often (my other recipe takes a lot longer to prepare).  We also used ground beef as the meat, which I am more likely to have on hand than ground chicken or ground turkey (which is what other recipes use).  But feel free to substitute other ground meats in place of the ground beef.  You can also get creative with the chopped veggies you add.  It calls for water chestnuts, but last time I made it I also diced up carrots and added those, as well, and the original recipe called for a package of cole slaw to be added.


Easy Lettuce Wraps
from: Camille Bell

1 lb. lean ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1 can water chestnuts, diced
ground pepper to taste
1 head of lettuce

In a frying pan, over medium high heat, brown your ground beef.  Drain the grease.  Add the garlic powder, teriyaki sauce, diced water chestnuts and pepper.  Reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for a few minutes.  Serve it on your lettuce, rolling the lettuce leaf around the meat like a taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment