Sunday, July 29, 2018

Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot (From Frozen or Fresh Chicken Breasts)

I love my Instant Pot.  There are so many reasons that I love it, but this is one of my top reasons: shredded chicken.  It is so incredibly fast and easy to throw in some chicken breasts from the freezer, shred them when they are done, and bag them in 1 cup increments to be used later in all sorts of yummy recipes.  It really makes my meal time prep so much faster on a busy weeknight!

Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot
by: Carolyn (after reading many, many blogs on this subject)

5 chicken breasts (really, do as many as you want, but I usually don't fill the Instant Pot up more than about halfway full)
1 c. chicken broth
generous sprinklings of onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

Place the chicken in the Instant Pot.  Pour the chicken broth over the top.  Sprinkle all of the seasonings on top of the chicken.  Set your Instant Pot for High Pressure, for 14 minutes if the chicken is fresh, 26 minutes if the chicken is frozen.  When the chicken is done cooking, I let it do a natural release until I am ready to shred it.  Then I put it all in my Kitchen Aid mixer and turn it on to the lowest speed until it is shredded.  Put the shredded chicken in freezer bags in 1 cup increments, label them with a sharpie and freeze them for later.  I use it in my soups, enchiladas, tacos, taquitos and whatever else I am making that calls for chicken!  It is such a time saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment