Sunday, March 11, 2018

2 Minute Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts (in the Instant Pot)

I love brussel sprouts.  I didn't realize this until the last few years, but I do.  The other day I tried them in my Instant Pot, and once again, I wasn't disappointed.  These cooked for 2 whole minutes!  It does take a little time to pressurize the Instant Pot, but it was still a fast, easy way to make delicious brussel sprouts!

Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
adapted from: arealfoodjourney.com

4 c. brussel sprouts-slice the end off, and cut each in half
3 slices bacon, chopped (You'll notice in the picture, I used sausage, and it still gave a yummy flavor, but wasn't very appetizing to eat after it had cooked.  Just use bacon.)
1/2 c. water
1 Tbsp. honey
coarse salt
2 splashes of balsamic vinegar, or more, to taste

Set your Instant Pot to saute and when it is hot, cook your bacon until it is brown.  Add the brussel sprouts and saute them with the bacon, stirring continually.  Add the water to the pot.  Turn off the saute function and close and lock the lid in place, with the lid set to seal.  Using the manual setting, cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.  When it is done, do a quick release.  Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the water, honey, salt and balsamic vinegar.  Drizzle it over the brussel sprouts and stir it to mix.     


No comments:

Post a Comment