Sunday, July 30, 2017

BBQ Pulled Pork, in the Instant Pot

This is a very similar recipe to the BBQ Pork Ribs, but I make it often enough, that I thought I would record it for my future self-1 month from now, when I'm trying to remember what I did for this recipe.  Once again, I love my Instant Pot in moments like I had tonight.  I had people coming over for dinner at 5:00, and I wasn't going to the store, because it is Sunday.  I had to find something I could make with what I already had, and I found a pork roast in the freezer.  I defrosted it for a couple of minutes in the microwave, long enough to be able to cut it in 4 pieces.  Then, I cooked it in my Instant Pot for 35 minutes, and it was perfectly shred-able when it was done.  Start to finish it took an hour!  And, it tasted wonderful!

BBQ Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot
by: Carolyn (after looking at many different food websites)

1  2-3 pound pork roast, frozen or thawed
1 c. beef broth
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
1 Tbsp. oil
Your favorite BBQ sauce

Set your Instant Pot to Saute, add the oil, and let it get hot.  Sprinkle the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, onion powder and garlic powder generously on to your roast and rub it in.  Cut the roast into fourths and when the Instant Pot is hot, brown each side of the roast pieces (I just did all four pieces at the same time, in the bottom of the IP).  Pour the beef broth over the top of the roast.  Lock your lid into place, and set your Instant Pot on high pressure, for 35 minutes if the roast is frozen, 20-25 minutes if it is thawed.  When it is done, do a quick release, drain most of the liquid, and shred your pork.  Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over the top and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment