Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jello Poke Cake

This is a classic recipe for a jello poke cake.  Did everyone's mom make this when they were growing up?  It definitely reminds me of my mom.  The other day I needed to make dessert on St. Patty's Day.  I was going to make coconut tres leches cake, which is fabulous, but I ran out of steam with my busy day.  Instead, I did this poke cake, using lime jello.  It was an easy way to do a lightly sweet, delicious cake, and it was green!  Perfect!

Jello Poke Cake
this is really from my mom, but I got my measurements from kraft.com

1 white cake mix
1 package (3 oz) jello, any flavor that you want
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. cold water
1 tub whipped topping

Mix and bake your cake, according to the package directions.  Let the cake cool.  Using a fork, poke the cake all over.  In a bowl, mix the jello with the 1 cup of boiling water.  Stir it for 2 minutes, or until it is completely dissolved.  Stir in the cold water.  Pour the liquid jello all over the cake.  Put it in the fridge for a few hours.  Spread your whipped topping over the top before you serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment